Description: The Extremities & Trauma Manager position is taken on by a person who has…
Arthroplasty Manager will focus on implants/instruments of Arthrex’s knee, hip arthroplasty and shoulder arthroplasty and fracture line of products. This is an individual contributor role responsible for management of arthroplasty products in the Baltimore or Chesapeake District. Works with the Arthroplasty Managers for other Districts as well as sales force to drive product strategy and will have direct interaction with customers. Will communicate/strategize with the other Arthroplasty Managers in order to execute the current and future market strategy based on assessment of competitive environment and customer requirements. Manage revenue target for applicable products. Has responsibility for Agency’s arthroplasty quota in Baltimore or Chesapeake along with strategic and tactical responsibilities. Communicates Arthrex marketing programs for new products or enhancements including identification of market segments, product positioning, product bundling, pricing and profitability. Identifies distribution channels for trays/instruments and implants. Ensure all marketing/sales direction adhere to compliance regulations and policies. The Arthroplasty Manager will manage the business ethically and adhere to all applicable hospital guidelines including ADVAMED http://advamed.org/
- Participates in activities necessary to help train surgeons and sales personnel on the technical use of the By way of example: attends surgeries, plans and executes cadaver labs, conducts sales presentations, etc.
- Recommends products and methodologies to surgeons.
- Understands market trends, surgeon preferences, competitive strategies, and uses this knowledge to guide development of arthroplasty business plans with the sales force.
- Communicates and executes to sales force arthroplasty product launches
- Communicates regional activities (voice of the customer or VOC) to sales management/sales force to drive product sales strategies
- Strategically establishes pricing and discounting strategies keeping in line with the company’s margin objectives.
- Work with surgeon Key Opinion Leaders KOL) to drive education.
- Establishes relationships with surgeons and manages those relationships.
- Develops the proper messaging for applicable products and incorporates into tools to be use by the sales (i.e.: Scrub sink talking points)
- Communicates and collaborates with the Director of Medical Education on surgeon education and training materials available to sales force. (i.e., technical training materials, surgical techniques).
- Attends labs, industry meetings, and trade shows applicable to arthroplasty.
- Creates field announcements for new products, product updates, promotional activities, etc.
- Responds to the needs of the sales organization via email, phone and field visits.
- Collaborates with Sales Managers concerning product positioning strategies and feedback from the field.
- Works cross functionally with Arthrex corporate, sales operations, regulatory, sales and finance to accomplish objectives.
- Include new product introductions, communicating pricing in line with company policies, making proposals and following up on arthroplasty The arthroplasty manager is responsible to interact and manage all aspects of the customer groups, which may include members of large hospital systems/IDNs/GPOs, teaching, city and community hospitals.
Skills & Qualifications:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Demonstrates commitment to the AdvaMed Code of Ethics, and all supporting and applicable regulations, policies and procedures.