The Arthroplasty Field Sales Specialist (AFSS) will establish a greater level of leadership and focus on Arthroplasty for the DC, Baltimore and Chesapeake regions.
Hiring for: Washington, DC, Baltimore, Chesapeake and surrounding areas
Duties and Responsibilities: This is a specialist position focusing attention on direct actions with Territory Managers.
- Work with representatives in the field and labs to train, develop customer relations, and drive sales performance.
- Work in conjunction with the other members of the management team to deliver important directives directly to the field.
- Responsible for the overall quota of the region they are assigned, as well as the quota achievement for each individual territory within their region.
- Identify areas of weakness within the current sales structure and work to provide solutions for the long-term success of the region.
- 100% of the time will be spent in the field working with all members of the assigned regions sales force.
- Use AXIS to track and identify areas of opportunity and success.
- Not responsible for carrying or managing inventory of their own, but will be involved in making sure the individual territories are operating effectively and efficiently. There is also an expectation that pick-up and delivery of product is carried out by the Arthroplasty Field Sales Specialist when necessary.
- Responsible for new product introductions, communicating pricing in line with company policies, making proposals and following up on contracts.
- Not responsible for communication between the hospital and territory managers related to case postings, will work with the territory managers on a daily basis to make sure there is adequate case coverage.
- Expected to spend as much time in the Operating Room with reps, rather than covering cases by themselves.
- Reports directly to the DC – Baltimore – Chesapeake Arthroplasty Manager.
- Must attend sales meetings and completing all educational courses required by the Medical Education Director.
- Provide Reports required by management
Requirements for the Arthroplasty Field Sales Specialist :
- Excellent communication skills are imperative for the success of this position.
- Candidates need to have at least a bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- We will consider a minimum of 3 years of experience in the medical device sales industry as qualification.
- Previous medical device sales experience, especially Arthroplasty sales experience, is preferred but not necessary
- Ability to travel within geography will be required
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Other skills necessary for maximum effectiveness are, but not limited to:
- Priority Management
- Product knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to close new business
- Teaching and training
- Positive attitude
- Team-based mentality
- Problem solving
- Quick Communication
- Focus on high-level of customer service
To the Arthroplasty Field Sales Specialist we offer:
- Competitive Salary with Bonus potential
- Health Insurance
- PTO benefits and holidays
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Opportunity to work for a dynamic, growing company
The FSS will manage the business ethically and adhere to all applicable hospital guidelines including ADVAMED http://advamed.org/
For consideration, e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form to the right. Candidates will not be considered until all items are submitted for comprehensive review.
Your information will be held in confidence. Supreme Orthopedic Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Relocations will not be considered